Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 90: A Photo Finish

I made it. Day 90. I got up at 6 a.m. and put in the one workout I hadn't done yet--Cardio X. It's like a "greatest hits of all the other workouts: some yoga, a little ploymetrics and some kenpo. By 7 a.m., Day 90 was in the books.

A friend asked me, recently, if I was going to post pictures of myself with "six-pack" abs after I hit Day 90. Uh, no. The only six-pack in my life remains the frosty cold kind pictured here.

I have been--and remain--somewhat reluctant to put photos of my shirtless self on the internet. People might see them and go "HOLY CRAP! If that's what's on the Internet, I'll never use it again." But, given that everyone at Woodley Gardens Pool is forced to see me as such during the summer, I will post the following Day 1 and Day 90 photos. Looking at these photos, I realize:

1) I have definitely lost weight and changed my body shape.
2) I still have a long way to go.
3) I'm still funny looking.

I'm very proud of number 1. And, after a brief break--and a meal of burger, fries and an ice cold beer--I shall continue the journey to address number 2. However, number 3 ain't gonna change, but that's okay: I have a beautiful wife or, as my friend Clint says, I "outkicked my coverage." Amen.

So, shield your eyes, hide your children and don't eat at least an hour before looking at these. I'll post some more thoughts later, but here are the pics:

Day 1

Day 90

Day 1 (This is an especially attractive picture. I'm saying "who is that fat guy?")

Day 90 (I decided not to look at the screen, so I couldn't say "who is that fat guy?")

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS, D! So proud of you, and I can really tell the difference--you've been working hard, keep it up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dana! As a fellow P-90x-er - Congrats! You look great and hopefully feel great too! It's not an easy accomplishment...it's no sissy workout!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be proud of yourself -- you can definitely see how you have changed on the outside, but I like how you changed on the inside too. That's a little sappy, but I love your new attitude! Can't wait to see the results from PX180!!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astounding, Dana!! Your after photo is reminding me of Patrick Swayze in the Chippendales SNL skit :) You seriously look terrific and I know Cindy must be so happy that you are living healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! I do feel a sense of pride, but there's a lot of work left. Your support has been a big part!

    ReplyDelete