Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 60: Beyond my Current Level of Fitness

Before each P90x DVD there are--not surprisingly--a series of warnings. It takes about a full minute for all the warnings to scroll up. Here's the Reader's Digest version:

This is really hard.
Really hard.
We warned you.
It's not our fault.

One of the warnings even says something like "If you feel like you are exercising beyond your current level of fitness...stop exercising immediately." I thought that was the whole friggin' point! On Day 1, my current level of fitness was "Fat, Dorito-jacked Sloth," so something tells me I was beyond my current level of fitness when I opened the box.

Today is day 60 and I haven't really had a Dorito in a couple of months. I'm still pretty tubby, but not as much anymore. And I'm definitely not a sloth. But I still feel like--most of the time--I'm exercising beyond my current level of fitness. Some of the moves are actually getting a little less hard, but I still wouldn't use the "e-word" (easy) for any of it.

Bottom line, if you are going to try P90x, read and heed the warnings. It's hard.

Really hard.

I warned you.

No comments:

Post a Comment