Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 71: But Who's Counting?

When I was a kid, I loved to read, not because I was thirsty for literature---but because I liked to count the number of pages I read. "I just read 12 pages," I would shout proudly. My sister, Leila, used to call me "The Count" like the guy on Sesame Street.

(TWELVE...TWELVE PAGES READ...AH AH AH AH AH!)

I still love numbers and that is why I'm surprised I haven't done this until now, but after Monday's "chest and back" workout I tallied up the number of push-ups I did in an hour.

The grand total? 232!

The very idea that I could ever do 232 pushups in an hour would have been ludicrous a few months ago. But, today, that's where I am. I'm not bragging...okay, maybe I am bragging a little...but I know I still have a lot of work to do in order to be totally fit and healthy.

But, as The Count would say...

TWO-HUNDRED THIRTY-TWO....232 PUSHUPS....AH AH AH AH AH AH AH!

1 comment: