Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 61: My Best Body Part

As I was doing the P90x Legs & Back routine today it dawned on me that I have one body part that is better than any of the people in the video--yes, even you Tony Horton. It's not my arms, back, chest, eyes, face, hair, teeth, ears, nose.

It's my calves (I didn't want to run a picture of my calves here because I don't want Tony Horton to feel bad or lose confidence).

Seriously, I have very strong calves. The three-way calf raises that we do in this work out are a breeze for me, even with 25 pound dumbbells in my hands. I have no idea why I have good calves. I certainly haven't worked them out any harder in my lifetime than any other body part (meaning, I have barely worked them out at all, save for the past 61 days).

It may have to do with the fact that my calves have been carrying around a lot of tonnage my entire adult life. Who knows?

But I revel in my fine calves. Now, if the rest of my body would just catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment