Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 65: Mourning My Blender and Moving On

If loving a blender is wrong, I don't want to be right.

My Black & Decker blender has been as important to my relative success on P90x as my DVD player, my dumbbells and my bottle of Advil (well, maybe not my Advil).

Almost every morning for the past 65 days, I have blended myself a power smoothie after my workout--strawberries, a banana, skim milk and some "Super Daddy Power Powder" (aka protein). It may seem boring to have the same thing every day, but it is a nice ritual and helps with muscle recovery.

Yesterday, my blender--my friend--gave its last. As I washed out the pitcher, I heard a deadly "crack," followed by the unmistakable sound of broken glass. The blender was nearly 15 years old and it owed us nothing. But I had a brief moment of panic. "Oh no," I said. "What about my smoothies? I can't be PDaddyX without my smoothies!"

My wife calmed me down and said "go buy a new one. I have a coupon from Bed, Bath and Beyond!" Such a wise woman.

There were so many blender options--some big, some small, some very expensive, some very cheap. In the end, I went with the Cuisinart Portable Blending/Chopping System (pictured) complete with cups that you can blend in and then drink out of (once you've removed the blades, of course).

All was well after Plyometrics this morning when I made my power smoothie. I have to admit, the small blend-and-drink cup was more convenient and easier to clean than the big heavy glass pitcher I used. I survived this blender crisis and I am ready to move on. But a moment of cyber-silence for my Black & Decker buddy which gave its life for my smoothies.

Rest in pieces, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment