Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 62: I Guess I Won't Make it to Day 90

So, apparently the world is going to end on May 21. I saw it on the internet so it must be true. Some prophetic group predicted that on May 21, 2011, that End Times will come.

Is it odd that when I heard this recently, all I could think was that I would be really pissed because that will only be day 76? And that I wondered whether The End would come before or after I finished that days workout (Kenpo X)?

I don't mean to mock the idea of End Times or The Rapture (although I do not believe it will be an "event"). And the fact Miley Cyrus recently did a remake of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" makes me think we are closer to The End than we ever have been (seriously...see the picture and do a Google search).

But this dire prediction is symbolic of something. There are hundreds and thousands of distractions pulling us away from being healthy. I mean, if the world is going to end in two weeks, why work out? But like this distraction most of them are not real and have to be blocked out. I feel pretty confident that I will be around for day 77, 78, 79 and so on. And I feel like you will be too. So, I will not allow myself to be thrown off track.

And if The End does come, at least I will be in pretty good shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment