Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 68: Yeah, I Ate This...And It Was Gooooood!

Over the past 10 weeks I have made some very good changes to my diet. I definitely feel better and it has made a difference for my overall health.

However, I've had people say that when I eat fattening food now it won't taste as good anymore.

They are wrong.

Last night (5/13) I went to the Washington Nationals v. the Florida Marlins game (clash of the Titans) and I ate the "half-smoky" pictured below (pre-ingestion) from the Ben's Chili Bowl stand at the game.

It was good. Very good.

So was the chili dog. And the beer.

In some ways it was even better. Chili dogs, sausages and other nitrate-laced food used to be a way of life. Now it is a choice and I know I can control my eating. That makes it taste even sweeter.


No comments:

Post a Comment