Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Days 72 & 73: A Letter to my Knees

Dear Knees,

Cut the crap.

For 10 weeks I've been working you out hard without a problem. Even at the beginning, when I was 20-something pounds heavier and so out of shape I couldn't lift a fork without getting winded, you never gave me much push back.

Now, here we are, with 17 days left in the P90x program, and NOW you're starting to hurt. Why? I've lost weight. I've modified so I don't stress you out. I've stretched and stretched. I've followed the program. And now--when I can see the finish line--you start acting up.

Nice.

Well, I'm not stopping (I hope). Unless you decide to give out, I'm gonna keep going and just do my best not to aggravate you anymore. In 17 short days you'll get some much-deserved rest, so for now, just hang in there.

Sincerely,

P-Daddy-X

No comments:

Post a Comment