Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 86: A Balancing Act of Suck

There's an old saying in basketball: "You can't teach height." The message: Some people are just born tall and they have an advantage in basketball.

Well, let me modify that: You can't teach balance. At least not to some people. Over the past 12 weeks, I've done countless Yoga workouts and to be honest, my friends, I still suck at it. Big time. I have no sense of balance. Maybe it's all the head injuries I had as a kid (yes, I was always this graceful) or maybe it's so many years carrying a "heavy load."

Or maybe, as Lady Gaga would say, I was born this way. (For instance, if I tried the pose in the above picture, disaster potential would be very high.)

That's not to say I haven't improved at Yoga. I have. My dog is more downward (that doesn't sound right) and I actually know what Chaturanga is now. And, a couple of times, I've felt the relaxing nature of Yoga. Even though it's a tough workout, I see why people can become addicted.

But I will never become addicted. I suck at Yoga. But I'm just proud that I keep trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment