Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 84: The Best Workout Partners in the World

Over the last--gasp!--12 weeks, my boys have each watched me workout and, a couple of times, one of them has tried to do some of the moves. But I've never had both of them working out with me at the same time....Until today.

About halfway through KenpoX today, my 8-year-old and my almost 5-year-old came in and began trying to do all the kicks, punches and blocks. (That's me with the big sweat stain, the eight-year-old in Spiderman pajamas and the almost five-year-old showing off his physique).

Truth be told, it was a bit difficult to maneuver in my small workout space. I couldn't really do full kicks for fear of inadvertently hitting one of my kids in the face. (Wouldn't that be an interesting conversation at the hospital? "Mr. Tofig, exactly HOW did this happen? You were exercising? Really?").

But that very minor inconvenience aside, this was perhaps the best workout ever.

My boys and I did it together (and my 8 year old actually was able to do plenty of the exercises very well). At the end, after more than 100 vertical punches, we celebrated, high-fived each other and--because it was Kenpo--we bowed.

This was exactly why I've been doing this for the past 84 days. And this is exactly why I won't stop after Day 90.

Well done, boys. And just remember....we don't do any of these punches or kicks at school!

1 comment: