Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Days 63 & 64: Relieving the Pressure

Ever since I've been an adult (biologically, not maturity-wise), I've hated going to the doctor. I just couldn't stand those two questions I got asked every time:

1) Are you eating a healthy diet?

2) Do you exercise regularly?

The answer to these two questions, for a number of years, has been an emphatic "no!" In fact, shortly before I started P90x, I went for my first physical in many years and answered both questions "no," and got the requisite head shake from the doctor (which means "why not? Don't you realize how fat you are?").

As I indicated in an earlier post, the results of the physical and the blood test were better than they could have been, but I was far from healthy. In fact my blood pressure was 130/90--pretty high for a 43 year old guy.

I'm proud to say I returned to the doctor today for a follow-up and when she asked the two questions, I was able to answer "yes." Even better, my blood pressure had dropped to 120/64--a number my doctor called "great"--and my weight was down a little more than 20 pounds (it is actually a little bit more than that because last time when I got weighed at the doctor I was wearing the paper robe of shame--this time, I was fully clothed).

This isn't to brag: I still have a looooong way to go to be anything close to a normal weight. But it's progress and keeps me motivated to stay on track for the remaining 26 days and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment