Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 69: Missing the Reunion

Like anyone who has dieted or been on an exercise program knows, it's helpful to have a few dates on the calendar to look forward to. For me, one of those dates was today, May 14--my 25-year high school reunion (actually it's my 26th year since graduating, but let's roll with it).

I've never been all that vain or really concerned myself with how I look, not in high school, and not really now either. But everyone wants to look good for their reunion. Of course, looking at old photos today (like this one), I realize that I'll never look like I did in high school.

First of all, I'd never wear that hat or bow tie (although, I would happily stand with two beautiful friends like Linda and Sue). I'll also probably never weigh what I did in high school again and frankly, that's not what I'm trying to do. But I'm certainly prouder of the way I look today than I was 10 weeks ago.

In the end, I am not able to make it to tonight's reunion, which is too bad. I was looking forward to seeing some friends I haven't seen face-to-face in many years. But still, knowing the reunion was coming up was a small piece of my motivation for being "P-Daddy-X." It wasn't why I decided to do the program, but it was good to have it on the calendar.

Hopefully, I'll make it to my 30th reunion--and still be working hard to stay in shape. Meanwhile, to the North Haven High School Class of 1985, I'll raise a glass (of red wine) to you tonight! Have a great reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment