Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 85: Making a Splash

I guess there was one benefit to being fat--I was a rock star at the pool. During adult swim last summer, my boys and many other kids would line up in the "splash zone" and urge me to do a cannonball. And, believe me, I could deliver.

Partly because I know how to get a big jump off a diving board and partly (mostly) because I had a wide, uh, surface area, I generated quite the splash. I was definitely the cannonball king at the Woodley Gardens Pool. (Actually, I do jackknifes, but you get the point.)

Today, the kids were back in the splash zone and I was back on the diving board. Yes, I'm 25-30 pounds lighter, but I'm also stronger and can generate even more force off the board. The result was the same...big splashes, lots of cheers, high fives.

But I think I look a little better doing it (well, at least I do in my mind).

Another positive sign: Last year after doing all my cannonballs, I would be wiped out. This year, I had enough energy to hang out in the pool, cut the lawn when I got home and do various tasks around the house. Hey, even the Cannonball King has chores.

One thing I did NOT do today was workout, but it was going to be a light day anyway. One five more workouts until Day 90 and I will do each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment