Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 26: Not Pretty Progress

Every Friday at around 5 p.m., I can hear the music coming from the auditorium across from my office. That tells me that my colleague Eric (the same one who got me interested in P90x) is starting his weekly aerobics class. Eric does this class for free for the folks who work in the central office of our school system.

I've always told Eric (in this picture at the annual MCPS Back to School Fair) that I wouldn't EVER take his class. I'd say: "My co-workers don't want to see all this trying to do aerobics. It wouldn't be pretty!"

Well, today I gave it a shot. Instead of doing the "Core Synergistics" workout this morning, I took Eric's class at 5 p.m. I was right. It wasn't pretty. Eric is in great shape, in good part due to P90x, and he put me and about a half-dozen other folks through a very hard workout.

It was the first time I've worked out with other people in a very long time and, actually, it was nice to struggle along with some colleagues. And, it was a nice checkpoint in the PDaddyX journey.

While I struggled with some of it, I actually was surprised how much I was able to do. I know that four weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to make it through a quarter of the workout. But, today, I probably did about 75-80 percent of it. So, that's a sign of progress.

It ain't pretty. But it's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment