Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 41: More Than 12 Oz. Curls

The text message Monday was from one of my closest friends in the world. It was short and direct:

"I'm mad at you."

Now, I was pretty sure he was joking. After all, he lives 500 miles away, we haven't seen each other recently and I'm pretty sure I'd have to burn the guy's house down to actually make him mad at me. When I asked "why?", he texted back that his muscles were so sore that he couldn't pick up the phone at work. You see, after reading my posts the last few weeks, he was inspired to try P90x and Monday was his first day.

Folks, I've inspired people to do a few things, like have another beer or get another plate of nachos. But never in my life have I inspired anyone to exercise. But my friend (who will remain nameless to protect the sore) said that was the case.

Funny thing, though. My friend inspired me a lot this week, too. Almost every morning this week, I was dragging and was fighting with myself to get up and do my workouts. But knowing that my friend was doing the same--or similar--workouts as me gave me the motivation I needed to get up and get at it.

It's interesting how things change. When we lived a short drive from each other, I don't think this friend and I ever did anything together that would be mistaken for exercise, unless you count a series of 12-ounce-curls and multiple rounds of Golden Tee golf (see picture). But now, we live hundreds of miles apart and we're helping each other through some very toughest workouts. Go figure.

Still, I'm looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow, but probably not as much as my buddy is. Keep pushing play, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment