Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 43: On My Knees

Today was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps day, which means a lot--and I mean A LOT--of pushups. Regular, one-armed, side-to-side and many other types of pushups aimed at working your body from different angles.

I'm getting better at this workout but I'm not ashamed to say I'm on my knees...and not just because it's Easter. By the end of the workout, I'm hurting and the only way I'm going to finish a set of pushups is by doing some of them from my knees.

To some, this may be a sign of weakness and frankly it is--after all these years of ignoring my health, it isn't surprising that my chest muscles aren't able to handle 100-plus pushups. And, even though I've dropped a few pounds I'm still pushing a lot of weight around (although, apparently Homer is getting it done...).

To me, doing some pushups from my knees allows me to extend my workout and still get the "burn."

It may not be the most macho way of doing things, but that's okay. It works. And my 4 1/2 year old, who joined me for the second half of my workout this morning, was very impressed. And that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment