Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 31: Eating on the Run

Here's a little quirk about me: I do not like box lunches. I can't explain why but they just gross me out. Well, today I had a box lunch as part of my monthly Leadedrship Montgomery meeting. It was a turkey sanwich, chips and a cookie. I was very hungry so I partook....a little.

I ate the turkey without eating the bread, had half the chips and passed on the cookie. Me not eating a cookie is a major accomplishment.

Controlling what you eat is much easier when you have control of your meals. But when someone else is in control, you have to improvise, which I did today.

You also have to plan. I brought pistachios and a protein bar to satisfy my hunger before snacks and lunch came out. This worked well this time.

No cookies = Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment