Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 33: Daddy's Super Power Smoothies

Pretty much since I started P90x, I'll do my workout first thing in the morning and then come upstairs and make myself a smoothie. My boys love to help me make it. They help me put in the frozen strawberries, half a banana and skim milk. And, of course, they love it when Daddy puts his "Super Daddy Power Powder" in it.

In reality, it's just whey protein, but to them, it's what gives Daddy his "superpowers" (Apparently, falling asleep watching TV is now considered a superpower).

This is a nice ritual for me, because it's a way I'm living healthier and making my boys a part of it. They get to have fun and they see Daddy eating better. And, of course, every once in a while, I let them have a taste (like this morning--see picture)!

But I won't let them have too much, because if they had a lot of Super Daddy Power Powder, God knows what would happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment