Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 38: What's Next?

The email was trying to sell me something but, instead, the subject line got me thinking about the future. It read: "What's Next after P90x?"

It may seem a little premature considering I have 53 days left to go, but I started thinking about what I'm going to do after I finish this 90 day program.

You see, I've lost weight before and I have even gotten myself into pretty good shape. In 1996, I lost 40 pounds for my wedding. In 2001, I trained for and successfully completed a sprint triathlon and a half-marathon. But each time, once I reached my goal--after I crossed the finish line--I slipped back. And usually added some tonnage, to boot.

While goals are good--and it is a huge part of PDaddyX--I am concerned about what happens when it's all over. My intention is to do the program a second time after a short break, but I can't say I'm all the way bought into that. I am really enjoying P90x, but it is an investment in time and I don't ultimately know how it will end.

It's something to keep in the back of my mind over the next 53 days. In a way, I guess it's good that I'm already thinking about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment