Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 45: "Why Are You Sleeping" During the Ab Workout?

As I've mentioned before, the one part of P90x I've backed off on is the ab work. I paid for that today.

You're supposed to do the "Ab Ripper X" program--16 minutes of exercises only a contortionist could love--after your "resistance" workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I tried it the first day, did about 10 percent of the exercises, and decided to give myself a pass on this part of it. In the second phase, I started adding basic ab work (crunches, etc) after some of my workouts.

Well, given that this is spring break, I decided to beat myself up today and try Ab Ripper X again (I was also inspired by my friend who did the workout during his first week). It hurt, my friends. A lot. However, I probably did about half of the reps and that is progress. Also, there were a couple of exercises I couldn't even do the first time that I was able to do 5-10 times today. So that's progress, too.

Still, it was very hard, and it didn't help that each time I would stop a particular set because I was hurting, my pint-sized workout partner would say "Daddy, they are still going. Why are you sleeping?"

Daddy calmly suggested that his 4 1/2 year old join Mommy in the family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment