Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 44: Not Rolling with the Changes

Damn you, REO Speedwagon--you almost killed my workout!

Well, it's probably not fair to blame Kevin Cronin and the gang. Being off for most of this week means that I can wake up later, so I can stay up and watch some late night TV. Last night, I watched Conan and then the George Lopez show came on, with Tracy Morgan (crraazzzyy) and, yes, REO Speedwagon. I just wanted to see what they looked and sounded like now (they're in their 80s, right?), so I stayed up til, yes, 1 a.m.

Add a 4:30 a.m. wake up call from a coughing child and my plan for getting up and exercising at 6 a.m. was foiled. 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m. passed me by too. By around 10 a.m. we were talking about what we were going to do today, but I still needed to work out.

So around 10:30 a.m., I started my Plyometrics workout and it was pretty brutal. I hadn't eaten, I hadn't slept much and I was already a little distracted by what was going on with the day. I did the workout with fidelity (or is that High Infidelity?) but it was definitely tougher than usual.

The lesson is clear: Working out first thing in the morning is what works for me. And when a change in the schedule comes, I've just gotta Roll with the Changes.

Oh....and I need to stay away from REO, because I just can't fight this feeling anymore. (Sorry, I'll stop).

No comments:

Post a Comment