Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 30: Picture Day!

Today is picture day at my son's elementary school. He, like his mom, is very photogenic. His dad, however, is not.

I remember always hating picture day--I'm not the kind of person who can force a smile. I look awkward. Of course, in recent years, I hate pictures for another reason: I'm fat and the camera shows six or seven chins at least.

But for P90x, you are encouraged to take your picture at the beginning of the program, throughout the 90 days, and then at the end. You need to take a shirtless photo (for men!), a "bicep" photo and a side photo. I've decided to do these photos every 15 days.

I shared a "likeness" of the before picture with you but didn't want to scare people away and run my real picture. It wasn't pretty. It still isn't. But, it's a lot better.

The difference between day 1 and day 30 is very noticeable. Some definition in the muscles. A little less of me spilling over my shorts. And even from the side (a fat guy's worst angle), you can see that my gut is smaller.

So, where are the photos? Tucked safely and neatly on my computer, thank you. I'm still not ready to share. So, you'll have to take my word for it at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment