Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 10: One Man Band

My friend Michael, who just finished his first round of P90x and is starting it again (mad man), gave me some good advice before I started. He told me to buy dumbbells of differing weights and not a set where you have to slide weights on and off.

I didn't follow his advice because of the cost. I should have.

Today's workout was Shoulders and Arms and it required differing weights for different exercises. I tried to use the same weight for all of them and, trust me, it was a VERY bad idea. So, in the middle of the workout I switched to using a band for the exercises that needed lighter weights. I have to say that I was impressed with how good a workout you can get with the band. I'm already using them for pull-ups (for now) but it really worked with straight-arm shoulder flies and some triceps work.

Bottom line, today was not a great work out. I was tired and sore and tired. And sore. But I powered through and, thanks to the workout bands, I was able to make it. However, a trip to Sports Authority may be in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment