Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 5: Am I a Wuss?

One of the big things that is talked about in the P90x infomercial is pull-ups. The testimonials frequently talk about how the person couldn't do any pull-ups to start and now can do 100 one-handed pull-ups with an elephant hanging from his ankles (a bit of an exaggeration).

But, right now, I'm not trying any pull-ups. I'm using bands to simulate the pull-up motion. Why? Well, first of all, I don't have a pull-up bar and I'm not sure the door jams of my house could handle it. But also, I worry about getting frustrated. Frankly, I'm very heavy and the chances of me being able to pull up this mountain of meatballs is unlikely.

The good news is that the P90x videos show you how to use bands as a substitute for pull-ups, which is appreciated. Maybe a few weeks down the road I'll think about getting a pull-up bar, but for right now, I'm happy being a wuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment