Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 20: Pizza-90X

I grew up just outside New Haven, Conn., where pizza is not a meal--it's a religion. I won't bore you with the history, but the bottom line is if you live in New Haven and don't like pizza, you have to move.

So, I always look forward to Friday nights. That's "family fun night" for our family and usually means going to the pizza place in Rockville Town Center (not as good as Pepe's, but not bad). Now, I can eat some pizza--five or six slices easily--and wash it down with a couple of cold beers. And sometimes we'll make the short walk to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. Literally, hog heaven.

I've done pretty well with the diet part of this program and really haven't struggled with it as much as I thought I would. But last night was tough. I allowed myself two slices of pizza and a salad, with water to drink. Now, for a robust pizza lover like myself, two slices is like clearing your throat before a speech--you're just getting started. But, as much as I wanted more, I thought about how hard Kenpo-X would be this morning. So, two slices it was. And then we went to Ben & Jerry's and I had....nothing.

I was actually proud of myself. And, this morning, Kenpo-X (my favorite workout) was great. So I guess the X is stronger than the 'za. But if I get within 10 miles of Pepe's, you might want to keep your fingers away from the table.

Week 3 is done. Go Huskies!

No comments:

Post a Comment