Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 18: Jillian Kicks My Ass

As I wrote last week, Yoga is without a doubt the workout I'm struggling with the most. I think there are two reasons:

1) I am the Human Plank

2) The muscle-building part of Yoga requires you to lift your own weight. In my case, that's quite the task.

Having realized that, for the moment, Yoga-X was out of my league, my friend Michael and his sister, Michelle, (following the blog from afar. Yeah!) suggested a shorter workout: Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown (Jillian is the TV trainer from The Biggest Loser).

Well, the only thing to meltdown today was my ego. Put gently, Jillian kicked my ample butt.

The workout is "only" 30 minutes and it is "easier" than the P90x version, but it is a sweat-dripping, muscle-crushing workout. The good news is I feel that with some practice I could finish the workout and then, maybe, try Yoga-X again.

But until then, there are many ego meltdowns to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment