Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 25: The Human Plank Strikes Again

As part of "recovery week," today's workout was "X-Stretch," essentially an hour of stretches that will supposedly reduce the chance of injury. However, the chance of injury actually doing this workout was pretty darn high.

As I've said before, this is not the fault of the workout. After 40-plus years--many of them overweight and underexercised--I can't "touch my toes." Hell, I can barely SEE my toes.

Many of the "X-Stretch" moves felt great. But some of them were laughably difficult for me. Take the "Shoulder Stand," pictured here, which is essentially a Yoga move. Now, for the record, I did try this. I cannot really remember exactly how I ended up sideways, with my feet on the couch and my neck bent in an uncomfortably awkward position, but let's just say I'm glad there wasn't a camera in the room.

I've heard it said that part of any exercise routine is to get "comfortable being uncomfortable." Well, I've got the uncomfortable part down!

1 comment:

  1. Hey P-Daddy - I'm really enjoying your blog!
    -Alex Kozelle

    ReplyDelete