Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 12: Bad Daddy!

I told you that this week would be trouble.

Last night, after speaking to a class in Virginia, I met a friend for a quick drink and dinner around 9:30 p.m. We were having a good conversation, the music was loud and cheesy 80s (Ice, Ice, Baby...), the NCAA tourney was on (Go Huskies), it was St. Patrick's day and....BAM....I left the restaurant in Virginia shortly before 12:30 a.m. (I live in Maryland).

As I got ready for bed shortly before 1 a.m. all I could think was "Damn! That alarm is gonna go off in less than four hours." And so it did. Snooze. Went off again. Snooze. Went off again. You get the picture. BUT...I eventually got up and did the work out. It wasn't the best workout I've had, but it wasn't the worst either--and it was considerably better than no workout.

Also, on the plus side, I didn't overdo it at the bar. I had a couple of drinks and I avoided the "burger and fries" I wanted so badly. So it wasn't all bad.

But, man, I could use a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment