Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rolling Out the Welcome Mat

Today's a big day for me in this whole process. Thus far, only a handful of people know I'm doing P90x and that I'm keeping a blog. But today, I'm gonna let a lot of people know. For me, this is the ultimate accountability--the more people know, the more pressure I will feel to finish.

I gave myself the first couple of weeks to get in the routine and see if this is something that I could actually do. I feel fairly confident now that I will get through the 90 days and see some good results (confident, not cocky!).

So, welcome to PDaddyX. To get caught up, learn more about why I'm doing this and why I'm a lucky man. Or simply scroll through all 16 days of posts.

Whether you visit once or every day, thank you for being part of this little phase of my life. Hopefully a blog about a pudgy, middle-aged bureaucrat trying to get into shape will provide some level of entertainment for you. Meanwhile, your visits will keep me motivated and I truly appreciate it.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - awesome, Dana!!!! I am so happy that you are making the time to do this. Consider me one of your LOUDEST cheerleaders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth! I always remember you saying "You've just got to get up in the morning and go..." I think about that often! Hope you are doing well. Love to the boys (and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana,

    I don't know you, but I am a friend of Michael Gottlieb's and he introduced me to P90X and to your blog. I am actually one day behind you, so today was chest and back for me and the beginning of my 3rd week. Like clockwork, about 2 days after chest and back I can't bend my arms and I walk around like a T-Rex. Then about 2 days after legs and back, I walk around all day like I just dismounted off of a horse. In short, I know your pain. Keep it up! Your blog is great and congrats on sticking with it so far!

    Mike Halpern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike! Thanks for posting. Glad you're enjoying the blog and congrats to you, as well, for making it through the first two weeks. My wife had to put my collar down and help me put on my coat the first week. Not quite as bad now, but still stiff. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete