Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 17: Dropping Weight

Okay, I admit that I watch "What Not to Wear." I watched it once with my wife and thought it was funny and we've watched it ever since. I know this costs me some major "man points," but that's okay--I've never been much of an alpha-male anyway.

Unless I'm lifting weights.

Then, for some reason, I get all wrapped up in how much I'm lifting, how many reps I did and all that crap. And, in the past, I've almost never dropped weight in the middle of a workout. The result has been soreness, frustration and, in a couple of cases, injury.

But this has been different. The P90x exercises are so intense (and there are so many) that I've had to swallow my pride and use lighter weights--or even switch to workout bands--for some exercises. This morning, I started my Shoulders and Arms workout with 25 pound weights, but after a couple of sets quickly realized I was in trouble. So, I pushed pause and dropped the weight to 20. I ended up having a really good workout, with my pride, and my shoulders, intact.

And, Top Chef is on tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment