Welcome to PDaddyX

Follow along as a middle-aged dad and husband tries to get in shape. Should be entertaining. Learn more about why I'm doing this.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day (21 &) 22: Piano Moving

At the beginning of Week 4, I can honestly say I'm seeing and feeling progress. Clothes are a bit looser, muscles are a little more defined and there's slightly less of me all around (although there is still PLENTY!) But I had an interesting marker of progress last night.

I joined my friends Michelle and Cynthia to play a short set at a the Coco Moka Cafe in Silver Spring (aka Leisureworld--really), which meant lugging a very large, heavy electric piano in and out of my car (the keyboard is very similar to the one in the picture).

The last time I did this was Feb. 27, before starting the program. I remember the piano was hard to lift and I had to take breaks getting it to and from the car. Last night? It felt much lighter and I had no problem carrying it. To me, that's a real life sign of progress.

But just in case I was getting confident, Jillian kicked my ass again this morning with Yoga.

Week 4 is a "recovery" week--no weights, more cardio, more ab focus. That means I get to do Yoga TWICE this week. Oh Joy.

Maybe I'll just do some "piano lifts."

1 comment:

  1. Wow Dana! Not only am I proud of you for doing something I don't have the intrinsic motivation to do, but you write about it with such candor and humor. I look forward to reading your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete